Social networking is sweeping our nation, could it be not going anywhere soon or does it have its day after which fad from glory… like our old friend, the eight track tape?
Based on industry expert Sree Sreenivasan, cofounder of DNAinfo.com along with a journalism instructor at Columbia College, social networking is not going anywhere soon.
Sree was lately a keynote speaker in the Vacation Possession Investment Conference (VOIC) in Orlando Florida, where he spoken about the way forward for this latest business tool.
“We’re in the infancy of the great revolution,” announced Sree, “harness the general public attention with social networking otherwise get left out.” Sree believes that social networking must become a fundamental element of any marketing strategy once we move ahead within this chronilogical age of technology.
Sree encouraged us to check out social networking nowadays… such as the television is at the 50s. No among the time expected the television so that you can contend with radio, not to mention end up being the media instrument it is today. Large companies wouldn’t imagine an advertising and marketing plan that didn’t include television advertising to advertise and make their brand. In ten years, Sree believes we’ll regard social networking in the same manner.
Which means you know you have to jump into this latest and unknown territory but you’ve got no idea how to start. Have faith, the web is filled with useful information about them but in order to save you a while, here’s what I’ve learned from scourging the net and our friend Wikipedia.
Social networking: Internet forums, weblogs, social blogs, microblogging, wikis, podcasts, pictures, video, rating and social bookmark submitting, collaborative projects, blogs and microblogs, content communities, social networks and virtual communities. Technologies include: blogs, picture-discussing, vlogs, wall-postings, email, im and crowdsourcing to mention a couple of. A number of these social networking services could be integrated via social networking aggregation platforms.
• Blogs: Blogger, ExpressionEngine, LiveJournal, Open Diary, TypePad, Vox, WordPress, Xanga, ning, GoDaddy
• Microblogging: FMyLife, Foursquare, Jaiku, Plurk, Posterous, Tumblr, Twitter, Qaiku, Yammer, Google Buzz
• Location-based social systems: Foursquare, Gowalla, Facebook places, The Hotlist
• Social media: ASmallWorld, Cyworld, Facebook, Hi5, LinkedIn, MySpace, Orkut, Tagged, XING
• Information Aggregators: Netvibes, Twine (website)
• Wikis: PBworks, Wetpaint, Wikia, Wikimedia
• Social bookmark submitting (or social tagging): CiteULike, Scrumptious, Diigo, Google Readers, StumbleUpon, folkd
• Social news: Digg, Mixx, NowPublic, Reddit, Newsvine, MyWeboo
• Social navigation: Trapster, Waze 
• Cms: WordPress
• Document Managing and Editing Tools: Google Docs, Syncplicity, Docs.com, Dropbox Reviews and opinions
• Business reviews: Customer Lobby, Yelp, Corporation.
• Community Q&A: Askville, EHow, Stack Exchange, WikiAnswers, Yahoo! Solutions
• Social networking measurement: Attensity, Statsit, Sysomos, Vocus
Prior to going mix eyed and begin hitting your mind from the wall… it’s not necessary to try everything available! You can begin having a Facebook page, a Twitter account or perhaps a company blog.
In case your company has got the sources to employ anyone to manage your social networking great, but when not, stop worrying. Locate an worker with a social networking savvy and obtain began.
The key factor to keep in mind is the fact that social networking will probably be… well… social. This isn’t a collection it and end up forgetting it endeavor! It does not inflict good to inquire about public input or opinion if nobody is having to pay attention. If negative input is viewed, go ahead and take chance to create things suitable for that customer. In the end it’s cheaper to help keep a present customer then get a new one.